Monday, 25 January 2016

Storyboard and Script

Storyboard and Script


Before I could begin filming on my trailer, I first have to crate a script and storyboard to plan what will happen in my trailer. I decided to start with the storyboard as I felt that it would be easier to draw a visual plan out first and write out the speech after.

> Insert Storyboard <

After being satisfied with the visual plan I then began working on the script. As I don't have much talking within my trailer, the script talks more about what you see and hear over what is said.

> Insert Script <
 

Fade In:

Scene 1

We fade into a dark school corridor, the camera slowly making its way along the corridor. Every step makes a creak and the end of the hallway is illuminated.

[Camera Pov]

[Heavy Breathing]

Every couple of steps the camera fades in and out to symbolize blinking.

[Door Crew]

As the camera reaches halfway the door crew will begin to open and close the doors.

Scene 2

The camera has reached the end of the hall and is standing just on the edge of the light. On the floor lies a body.

[Door crew]

Stop opening the doors

[Camera Pov]

As the camera inspects the body the lights start to flicker.

[Camera Pov]

[breathing INTENSIFIES]

Then the lights go out.

 (Parenthetical information)

Scene 3

The title of the film then fades on with the chime of the bell before fading to black once more.

 

Fade Out:

The End


when coming up with the idea for this trailer, I also had to make changes to the story of my novel so that the trailer would be more feasible. This means that the idea that I previously had needed to be changed. This actually will help me, as I felt that my old idea was a little too ambitious and difficult to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment