Photoshop Critique
Over the past couple of lessons I have been working on making several frames of an interrogation scene in a Noir style.
This involved taking pictures using three point lighting, a style that is most prominent within Noir films and images. The idea is to use a 'Key' light to act as the light source, this would be the brightest light and would be placed at an angle to the character. Behind the character would be the 'Back' light and would be responsible for adding depth to the characters and objects. The final light would be the 'Fill' light which is a dim light that is there to fill in the shadows.
After taking the pictures I exported them over to Photoshop and began to edit them in order to achieve a style similar to Noir and Frank Miller.
I began by making the image black and white. I wanted to increase the contrast but as the images where too dark the image became unrecognizable, This meant that I was unable to make a Frank Miller style image.
Then, using the paint tool and by lowering the opacity, I began to add colour to parts of the image, including blue on 'the interrogator's' jacket and red on the eyes and necklace of the 'criminal'. This was to symbolize who is good and bad within the image.
In future work similar to this, I would first make sure that the scene is adequately lit so that I am able to edit the images fully. I would also try to make the contrast of colour and black and white more prevalent, as you could easily not realize that the image is in black and white.

No comments:
Post a Comment